Using Quick Views
In this section, you will be introduced to the quick outline view. Quick views are in-place
views which are shown on top of the editor area and can easily be controlled using the keyboard.
To use the quick outline view in Magik editor:
- Open as_environment_dialog.magik file from the example project environment_manager
in Magik editor.
- Press Ctrl+O or select Navigate > Quick Outline and you
will see an in-place outline of the current source file.
- Start typing while the quick outline view is shown to filter the list of displayed
elements. Further, use arrow keys to navigate in the outline view and press Enter to
reveal the selected element in Magik editor.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner to see the quick view menu:
The menu items can be divided into 2 categories:
- Position - Allows you to resize and move the quick view and to remember these
- Sort - Sort the members by their defining type or alphabetically.