Previewing type structures
In this section, you will learn how to use Type Overview editor and related features to
find and view most recent type structures.
- In main toolbar, find and press Open Type Overview command button.
- You can also press Alt+Shift+T keys or use the the main menu bar by selecting
Navigate > Open Type Overview to run this command..
- Open Type Overview dialog should appear. Input ^system$ value in
Enter class name or prefix: field.
- Double-click on the first proposal in Matching items: list.
- Type Overview editor tab with most recent system type
structures should opened.
- Press Ctrl+End to move the cursor to the end of the editor content.
Find putenv() method definition and move the cursor over the coloured annotation
covering related region in left vertical bar.
- Hint window will appear with information about location of a file with putenv() method definition.
NOTE: Source annotations with the same colour point to the
location of the original Magik source file that contains related code structure.
- Double-click on source annotation indicating putenv() method definition
to jump to related code structure in the original Magik source file.
an overview on a type
Type Overview Dialog