Identifying problems in your code
In this section, you will see different indicators for identifying problems in your code.
Build problems are displayed in the Problems view and annotated in the vertical ruler next to
your source code.
- Open as_environment_manager.magik in the editor from Product Explorer view.
- Add a syntax error by deleting
_endloop line in
method in the source code.
- Click Save button. The project is rebuilt and the problem is
indicated in several ways:
- In Problems view
- In Product Explorer view
- In the editor's vertical ruler, a problem marker is displayed near the affected line
- Squiggly lines appear under the word which might have caused the error
- The editor tab is annotated with a problem marker
- You can hover over the marked word in the editor to view a description of the problem. You
can also hover over the problem markers in the vertical or overview rulers.
- In Problems view, right-click a problem in the list. Select Go To.
The file will be opened in the editor at the location of the problem.
Correct the problem in the editor by adding
_endloop line. Click Save
button. The project is rebuilt and the problem indicators disappear.
- You can configure the way problems are indicated on the General > Editors
> Text Editors > Annotations preference page.
Magik editor preferences