Creating your first Magik project
In this section, you will create a new Magik project.
Getting Sample Code (environment_manager)
First you need to download environment_manager source code.
- Click here to download
environment_manager source code.
- Save the archive (do not extract) to a directory from now on referenced as <Downloads>.
- Click File > New > Magik Project to to start New
Magik Project wizard:
In this dialog:
- type environment_manager in Project name field
- select Smallworld GIS 4.2.x as target GIS version for the project
- Mark checkbox by swaf session to assign it to the project. Then click Finish.
Note: creating swaf sessions was covered in this tutorial.
- In Product Explorer select environment_manager project
- Select menu item File > Import....
- Expand General
- Select Archive file
- Click Next
- Click Browse button next to Archive file field
Note: This step assumes that you followed steps 1 and 2 in the Getting
the Sample Code section above.
- In Import wizard, press Select All button.
- Make sure that the Example project appears in the destination Into folder
field. Then click Finish.
- In the Product Explorer view, expand the project and the as_dev_tools product folder to
view the modules.
Magik Project Wizard
Product Explorer View