Session Link is responsible for running application launcher (gis.exe executable) with an alias and
environment file. Session Link gives a possibility to override parameters stored in the alias
and set of environment variables.
To specify a Session Link in MDT the following parameters have to be set:
- Session name
- Target GIS version
- Related runtime
- Working directory (optionally)
- Environment file (optionally)
- GIS aliases file
- Alias name
- Environment variables (optionally)
- SMALLWORLD_GIS environment variable value is a default location for working directory.
- Environment variables can be defined directly or imported from the GIS aliases file.
- Environment variables are resolved after variables defined in environment file and alias.
That allows to override variables from the alias.
Read more about resolving environment variables in
Managing environment variables concept.
- Original session configuration is stored within external files (environment and GIS aliases files)
to which MDT points only.
- Application launcher is responsible for resolving session configuration.
Session Link Wizard
Managing environment variables
Sharing session configurations