Could not start session

In this section you can write to us about the MDT bugs & problems you have noticed.

Could not start session

Postby pyropete » 05 Feb 2013, 15:35

I was working fine yesterday, but today when I try to start any of my session links, I get "Could not start session - Specified container for launch configuration does not exist".

I remember getting this once before, and in my notes I said to make sure the 'Session' project in Eclipse is open. This is where the session configurations are stored. But I don't see a 'Session' project in my Product Explorer view. Can any please share some insights on this mysterious 'Session' project/container, and how I can get it recognized?

Thanks,
Peter Reale
Pyro-Pete
pyropete

Re: Could not start session

Postby pyropete » 05 Feb 2013, 18:50

I was able to create a new Session Link, which in-turn, automatically created a 'Sessions2' project in my Product Explorer. This 'Sessions2' project contains a '.settings' folder and a 'POWERON_EMACS @ Prod_GIS4.0-config' folder, which is the name of my new Session Link.

So, I assume I had a 'Sessions' project before, because I can see the 'Sessions' folder on my harddrive in C:\poweron_workspace, but how do I get it back in Eclispe?
Pyro-Pete
pyropete

Postby pyropete » 05 Feb 2013, 20:51

OK, well... I figured it out.

I found there is a Filter for the Product Explorer view, and it had 'Sessions" selected. So, by un-checking this, the 'Sessions' project is now visible in the Product Explorer. I had to open this project, then I can now start my Session Links for PowerOn. Whew! Not sure what happened, but this got it working again.

Hope this can help someone else!
Pyro-Pete
pyropete

Postby Bartek » 05 Feb 2013, 23:53

Hello PyroPete,

What version of MDT are you using? Do you still have MDT Standard Edition? As far as I remember such directories for storing configurations of sessions were specific for this kind of release which is not supported anymore. I strongly recommend to install the latest Professional Edition :)

With best regards.
Bartlomiej Laczkowski
Training & Deployment Manager - MDT Team
ASTEC Sp. z o.o.
Bartek

Postby pyropete » 28 Feb 2013, 15:16

Thanks Bartek. I was using the free trial version from a few years ago. Since my post, we have purchased the professional edition, and now I am having to re-create all my sessions and projects ... :cry: If you know how I can migrate them, that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Pete Reale
Pyro-Pete
pyropete

Postby Bartek » 28 Feb 2013, 16:44

Hi PyroPete,

Unfortunately there is no way to migrate configurations of sessions from MDT SE 1.0 to MDT PE 3.2 (which is the latest version of MDT available on our site). There was such an opportunity while switching to MDT PE 1.0, nevertheless we abandoned this feature in next releases. The only way to do this is to create the sessions one more time.

By the way I hope that you will notice a huge difference after switching to MDT Professional Edition 8)

With best regards.
Bartlomiej Laczkowski
Training & Deployment Manager - MDT Team
ASTEC Sp. z o.o.
Bartek

Return to Bugs & problems